Saturday, November 24, 2007

new friends

Now that the honeymoon period is over for living in Cancun, reality has set in that we are without our family and friends here. Thankfully, we have made some new friends here to help us cope with these changes and the lonliness. There are six or seven ladies at our apartments that have kids the same ages as ours. They all go outside at the same time with their kids so we go out and play. Emmy has made lots of new friends with names that are hard for her to say (like Yair and Valesqua and Roni) but they have fun together. We have also met two Jewish ladies who live here. Be praying for one of them named Yamit. Nathan got a chance to talk to her a few nights ago. She was raised Jewish but she doesn't believe in anything. She had a lot of questions for him and seemed really curious.

We have also been making friends at church. There is a couple who barely speak English who are missing their three grandkids so they took us to lunch last week and said they wanted to adopt us as their own. David said our kids can call them abuelo and abuela. :) They were so sweet.

Overall I think people here are much friendlier than any where else I have been. I mean, they kiss you on the cheek the first time they meet you! It is so welcoming!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Emmy, You're getting so big. No more diapers?! Wahoo.
Love,

Pawpaw

Kaycee, Nathan and Davin too!!!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Even though I act so confident and strong, I'm a mush. I thought I would be just fine leaving my family and going on various adventures. Big surprise when I became so desparate for familial contact. You learn to appreciate all family, once you no longer have instant access to them. We'll pray for all of you regarding this. From my experiences, I can feel the excitement you felt when Kaycee's parents came for a visit. These visits will help along the way. Glad you are getting furniture, finally. Yes, it was 50% off, but the catch is, you don't know when it's coming!

Love to all,
Aunt & Great Aunt Kathy