Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First post from Cancun

We made it to Cancun in one piece with all of our luggage! It was a crazy trip with two kids, three carry-ons, two gate checked items, and six checked boxes all 3 pounds less than the limit. We spent our first night with all four of us on our mattress on the floor. We all slept great! We were exhausted from traveling and shopping for necessities all day long.

When we woke up this morning we realized our brand new refrigerator (that we bought yesterday) was not working. It turns out that none of the outlets in our kitchen are currently working. Hopefully that will be straitened out tomorrow. Then when it came time for showers we realized we had no hot water! I tried to make eggs and we had no gas. We also had forgotten to buy water and you do not drink it here...ever! HAHAHAHA! What a crazy adventure. I took the coldest shower in my life this morning...but I was clean and was thankful to have running water. Almost everything is working now, we have all had showers and water to drink. We are doing great! Emmy has already made some friends in our apartment complex. She has asked for Cole, Riley Kate, "Gonald" and Gretchen several times today. We miss everyone!

- KC


2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Grandma forwarded your email, and I am so thankful. Davin has grown and changed so much! He's gorgeous! Emmy's personality I will miss. I was disappointed that I didn't see photos of you, Kaycee. I was surprised to see another woman carrying Davin in Sam's. Is Cancun breathtaking?

Let us know if Uncle Keith and I could ship anything for you that you can't get in Mexico. With free time during the day, I am available. All you have to do is ask.

God is so good. So happy that you were able to rent your Houston house. Love your new place, the countertops and the floors.

Please give us your address so that we can send "survival" gear, like your favorite snacks, the kids' fav snacks, and Nathan's. If you can't find the Ma'am pacifiers, I can pick some up for you here.

God bless you and your family. We will continue to pray for your success and safety.

Aunt Kathy

Excelencia Familiar said...

Thank you for the prayers and the kind words. The first night Kaycee was busy picking out things that we needed, so Carina got to hold Davin. :) Trust me, we are already working on a list of things we need to get in Houston at Christmas...some things are way too expensive here.