Thursday, September 18, 2008

El Policia

Today was my first time to be pulled over by the police! I was in the car alone...which NEVER happens. I turned left at a place where the sign says not to but I couldn't see it because of the huge bus in front of me. I was also on the phone with Nathan which is not allowed here. My license is also expired which matters here too. After the guy took ten minutes to explain to me what I did wrong (I finally understood with LOTS of patience on his part), he told me I had to go to the police station to pay one hundred and fifty dollars. They take your license here until you pay your ticket.
I said that I could go in the morning and pay my ticket. He said if I paid him right here (bribe him) he would not write me a ticket and it would not go on my Cancun record. We went back and forth for a long time. After about twenty minutes it finally ended. He gave me my license back with out a ticket and invited me to go dancing with him sometime (with Nathan if he wanted to come too). HAHAHA It was so funny but I got away without bribing or a ticket and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. :)

No comments: