Monday, June 23, 2008

Emmy's birthday



Emmy had a princess themed party for her big number 3! There were maybe 20 kids that came. We had an area set up for the girls with 10-15 princess dresses they could wear, jewelry, crowns, etc. My friend volunteered to paint faces for all of the kids. She actually turned out to be really really good! We also had the pool available and every kid ended up swimming before the party was over.

In Mexico, any social activity is an "event!" There is no consideration for the age of the birthday kid. Every party is a minimum of 4 hours. Emmy's party ended up lasting about 4 1/2 hours. We had a piƱata and enough candy for all the neighbors!

After everyone went home, Nathan and I joined the kids in the pool for a quick cool off. The day was very successful and I think all the kids had fun. Even the boys were entertained at the princess party. We were worn out though! All I have to say is I am glad there is only one birthday a year per kid.

Mom and dad, now I know why you did not throw us parties every year! Sorry we misunderstood. I ge t it now. :)

No comments: