Monday, January 7, 2008

First weekend preaching

Ok, there is no looking back now. Marco and Carina left with their family on Thursday and are now busy getting settled in Houston. This was our first weekend without them here as well as my first weekend preaching. Overall, it went pretty well. (I have yet to hear the audio from my English message to critique myself, but I did get positive response...even from Kaycee). Marco's presence will be missed, but we have been purposing to keep the energy positive in talking about the changes. I think people are still in a wait-and-see mode for the video messages. So pray for us this week as we finish setting that up and begin video messages next weekend.

As a tribute to Marco's leadership over the past five years, there has already been people stepping up and filling in various gaps. Our right hand people are now Luis Garcia and his wife Aleda. (their 3-year-old daughter Renata is Emmy's right hand as well). He has now started in his role as the "face" for the spanish church and she is now leading the children's ministry. They are an awesome young couple and already good friends (thanks more to their english than our spanish).

Tomorrow morning is our first leadership meeting without Marco as well, so I am going to go on to bed to be fresh for that. He may be joining by video eventually, but I don't think he has his internet service set up yet.

We will keep you posted.
-NW

No comments: